The course builds on the general principles covered as part of the ITIL® Foundation course. It covers the lifecycle aspects of Service Operation including - Service Operations principals, activities and technology considerations.
It also gives an overview of the Service Operation Processes and Functions. Additionally the course looks at the interfaces between Service Operation and the other stages of the ITIL Service Lifecycle.
The course is assignment based, with a strong emphasis on practical coursework, working as individuals and in teams.
Delegates are required to hold the ITIL® Foundation V3 (SMEV3) certificate in IT Service Management or V2 to V3 bridge equivalent (ITIL® V3 Bridging Foundation (ILFBR)
Before taking the course it is recommended, though not required, that candidates have exposure to basic concepts in IT and related work experience of at least two years.
It is recommended that students should complete at least 21 hours of personal study by reviewing the syllabus and relevant books in preparation for the examination.
- The main principles and objectives of Service Operation
- Challenges, Critical Success Factors and Risks
- Organizational issues concerned with Functions, Groups, Teams, Department & Divisions
- Achieving balance in Service Operations
- Operational Health, Communication and Documentation
- The activities commonly performed in the Service Operation arena
- Improvement of Operational Activities
- Implementation consideration
- Managing Change in Service Operations
- Service Operation and Project Management
- Assessing & Managing Risk in Service Operations
- Operational Staff in Design & Transition
- Planning & Implementing Service Management Technologies
The course also covers the managerial and supervisory aspects of the ITIL® processes covered in the Service Operation stage:
- Event Management
- Incident Management
- Request Fulfilment
- Problem Management
- Access Management
Objetivos del curso
- Obtain knowledge on ITIL® concepts and terminology.
- Examine organizational issues including functions, groups and teams, department operational health process structures that will enable role focused capability & competency in support of the Service Lifecycle approach as described in ITIL®.
- Preparedelegates for the ITIL® Lifecycle examination in Service Operation.
The course is suitable for individuals who require a deeper understanding of the Service Operation stage of the Service Lifecycle. It offers a natural career development path for practitioner staff who already hold the ITIL® V3 Foundation Certificate or equivalent.
The course forms part of the ITIL® Intermediate qualification programme.
The examination will consist of a complex multiple choice, closed book paper, to be completed within 90 minutes. (Candidates sitting the examination in English and who do notspeak English as their first language will be allowed 120 minutes to allow use of a dictionary.) The pass mark will be 65% or more.
Siguientes cursos recomendados
ITIL® Service Capability courses
- ITIL® Service Capability: Operational Support & Analysis (IOSA)
- ITIL® Service Capability: Planning, Protection & Optimisation (PPO)
- ITIL® Service Capability: Release, Control & Validation (RCV)
- ITIL® Service Capability: Service Offerings & Agreements (SOA)
ITIL® Service Lifecycle courses
- ITIL® Service Lifecycle: Continual Service Improvement (LCSI)
- ITIL® Service Lifecycle: Service Design (LSD)
- ITIL® Service Lifecycle: Service Strategy (LSS)
- ITIL® Service Lifecycle: Service Transition (LST)
Service Lifecycle Bootcamp
- Service Lifecycle Bootcamp: Strategy & Design (LSS-LSD)
This course is worth 3 ITIL® Expert Credits.
Delegates will receive a copy of the Key Element Guide: LSO during the course.
The course is based on the OGC’s Best Practice Guidelines in the ITIL® Service Lifecycle books. ITIL® is a Registered Trademark of The Office of Government Commerce (OGC).
This course is delivered in partnership with Fox IT - The Authority in IT Service Management™